This is the perfect cookie when it’s too hot outside (and inside) to run the oven.
Earlier in our lives, when we had only six kids at home, I worked at the Christian school my kids attended, so understandably, I was often exhausted; probably because I was always pregnant or packing a newborn. So Daughter #1 would make these cookies for us when we (she) craved a fast snack. She was actually the one who found the recipe, and I’m not sure I even made them until she went off to college.
These cookies are very easy to make and only require a few ingredients, which we always have on hand. They have that classic peanut butter and chocolate taste, in a soft and chewy fudge-like cookie.
And NO Baking!
- 1-3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 Tbsp cocoa
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa.
- Bring to a rolling boil, and cook for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes (very important).
- Remove from heat, and stir in the peanut butter, oats, and vanilla.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment paper. Let cool until hardened.